Saturday, April 4, 2009

HOME


I deeply fell in love with this song by Daughtry (American Idol) I even set it as my alarm ringtone in my phone.But seriously my roomate WL back in 3A(Klang) hated it because he had to listen to it over and over and over...(cos i kept pushing the snooze button...:P)

My home,is just a simple one storey-3 roomed house.Though at times my parents and sis wanted to sell it,i just cant bring myself to come to terms with that decision...Their reason-flooding...I admit,it flooded 2 times since 10 years...the second time even destroyed my years of stamps collection and part of my book collections.......(argh...i was screaming in agony!!!!!!Sorry kambingdesu,the book u gave me was one of them which i cant salvage......but the book of ghost story collection is safe :))Among others which were sacrificed were:"Bridge of River Kwai(Thailand) ,Angel And Demon and so on...Now i keep all my precious collection at higher places...

It was our first real home.We used to live in a shop-house which my father rent from a school headmaster(sharing anterior shop space with SPORTS TOTO,can you imagine...).With nothing given from my grandpa,my father started his own bicycle shop with the knowledge he accumulated working for a KingPin (not gangster)of bicycle in Masjid Tanah.He earned just enough to support us and did not built an empire of bicycle awaiting for me to take over...haha..i did not acquired his skill,but at least i learn to ride a bicycle well together with father...:D Soon he saved enough(plus support from my sis :)) and bought up a unit in the housing area where it used to be a paddy field...

Even though it was mere 10 years,we carved endless of memories together.It means more than just a physical shelterIt is also a place where love,comfort,understanding that are limitless....Undeniably some part of it filled with those negativity that probably internalised and made me so "stubborn",but it is still a place i always turn to.


Thinking back:I painted the house with father,made a small garden with bro and mother,had my first Moon festival party when i was in form 2,my birthday party in form 4(Kambingdesu was there,hehe),had my first desktop(Pentium 2) which was an envy of my schoolmates for few years until Pentium 3 came out,had my own 1st queen size bed(courtesy from my sis),being chased by a pack of wild dogs when cycling back(they ambushed me by hinding behind the half built house),saved a small kitten from a drain ....plus many2 memories here and there....(the post will never end....)


Yes...this is my home....

The miles are getting longer, it seems,
The closer I get to you.
I've not always been the best man or friend for you.
But your love remains true.And I don't know why.
You always seem to give me another try.(Daughtry-Home)

5 comments:

ahnali said...

ah.. ur entry made me teary.. hahaha
indeed.. you cant exchange anything for old memories.. and home is the place where you have made plenty of it..
you might not have a big, expensive home.. but still home is the best place ever to go back to especially after being thorough tough times..

p/s-i usually wont choose a song i like for my alarm clock because i always end up getting annoyed with the song.. hahaha

Unknown said...

Erm... like it.. it's sincere!

hope u r doing well!! ha!

iamsoon said...

ahnali:
haha...kinda understand why i should not put hit songs as ringtone....hehe...and Thx..

Ding:
:D,Thx...im doin well,recover fr fever but got diarrhea a few times,wondering wether it was actually food poisoning(dewan makan? gasp!!!)

kyan said...

u miss out the part where ur father was awaken by the flood, only after the tilam was fully soaked...so funny
my house also flooded once, plan to buy another house ler, cos flood is scary!!!!

Haris Abdul Rahman said...

Sorry to hear about your stamp collection though ..... lol