Saturday, March 20, 2010

One of those oncalls that you just have to write about...


The OBGY experince i got so far is truely out of this world.

First time oncall in labor room,one would really hope it was uneventful and everything go smoothly.

A lady came in with Gravida 2 Para 0+1(her second pregnancy but first pregnancy miscarriaged),os was 6 cm.Cardiotocograph(like a ecg for fetus) doesnt looked good.I enthusiaticly went to attend the patient.

Left lateral position,oxygen,hydration....at last i wanted to drain out the urine.

I was searching the urethra hole,and my eyes were really focused,vision and distance of my head from the target was ...hmm...half a meter apart...then i found it.With a PPK as a chaperon,i inserted the drain.Not even 1/3 in,my patient told me:" Dr,saya rasa mau berak la!"

I looked at the patient:"huh?masih awal lagi la puan..."

The next thing i knew,the drain suddenly flew out.A fountain of golden urination flashed by in front of me...Recall back the distance,my head was within the range,and the next thing i knew,my specticle got spots of urine,i think my hair got some drops on it too...i think my expression at tht time was priceless.My diligent PPK was laughing her hearts out,and so were the nurses at labor room...

My friends told me OBGY and liqour(amniotic fluid) is inseperable,one would have the privillege to be touch by it sometime at unwanted places.But this time i wana add in the list,urine also....

4 comments:

TIboy said...

wow.. that's sounds special... haha.. i almost kena kick by a patient when i do VE. she suddenly cross her leg when i VEing.. then almost kena my face.. haha

ahnali said...

OMG
lololol
like, seriously XDXD

Anonymous said...

astaga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-yuri-

鐵人 said...

cicak man~~
you always have this kind of unforgettable experiences..
haha..i can imagine ur priceless expression,,lol